December 31, 2004

Wild Animals' 'Sixth Sense' & Tsunami

I've read this incredible news today, I'd like to find confirmations somewhere else because all articles source this same Sri Lanka's report. If that's true, that's such a meaning subject. Tsunami Adds to Belief in Animals' 'Sixth Sense'
"Wild animals seem to have escaped the Indian Ocean tsunami, adding weight to notions they possess a "sixth sense" for disasters. Sri Lankan wildlife officials have said the giant waves that killed over 24,000 people along the Indian Ocean island's coast seemingly missed wild beasts, with no dead animals found. No elephants are dead, not even a dead hare or rabbit."

Patrick's boss yesterday was supposed to go to Thailand in Kho Samui with his whole family for New Year's Eve holidays. We were wondering first if they were there since Christmas, and I was praying Patrick to call his brother to have some comforting informations. What a surprise when he met him in his car in Marseille and by the window said to Patrick: with those events, I'm wondering if I can leave or not for my holidays; I'm not sure they will LET me GO !!
How can he DARE even ask the question about his going or not. At this state, I've been thinking to this many times, that's not selfishness but incounsciousness, this guy does not understand what happens farest than his own nose and I finally think he should go and maybe, maybe, he could feel some shame and pity for what's around.

I'm also very shocked by tourists back at Pukhet swimming between the bloating corpses. (that's an image, anyway...how can they feel swimming there and still stay on the beach ?).
Read this article in the Bangkok post, about the tourism orientation changes in Thailand.

and know that : "It was business as usual yesterday evening in Patong, where the streets were crowded with tourists just 300 metres from the stricken Phuket beach."
Who are these tourists ? who are these people ? what do they seek ? What in their mind ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Contrat Creative Commons
Création mise à disposition sous un contrat Creative Commons.